Saturday, December 5, 2009

Let it Snow Let it Snow Let it Snow!




Ok, so we were supposed to get our first snow today. Hasn't come yet. But I had a plan and I was sticking to it.


Snowmen Pancakes


INGREDIENTS
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons Sugar (To be honest, I left it out by mistake and no one noticed... hmmm...)
1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup chocolate chips and a few orange sprinkles
½ t vanilla
Crisco

DIRECTIONS
In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine eggs, milk, vanilla, and oil; add to dry ingredients and mix well.

Pour the batter onto a lightly greased hot griddle.

I use Crisco, it's my secret pancake weapon, it makes the edges crispy.

I used my tablespoon to drop it on the griddle into three overlapping "snowballs".

I think if I were to do it again I would wait until the flip to add the chips and the sprinkle nose because it was hard to keep them on when I flipped. I ended up replacing a few. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment