Sunday, October 24, 2010

Crustless Onion Dip Quiche

Sorry, I haven't been around much. I am pregnant, due in March, and a little sidetracked. But I have Gestational Diabetes and this was a wonderful recipe for me to share at my book club meeting. I didn't want to forget what I did... so here it is. Enjoy!

2 large onions
2 brick of light philly cream cheese
5 eggs
1 T Light Mayo
1 T Light sour cream
1/4 c sour cream
1 T Brown Mustard
2 T Balsamic Vinegar
1 T olive oil
1 can Artichokes (quartered)
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar
Salt and Pepper to taste
Pinch sugar
1/2 t Paprika
Pinch Sugar

Cut onions in half and slice thinly.

Heat olive oil in large pan and saute the onions, with a pinch of salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar, over a low to medium heat for 20-30 minutes, careful not to brown them, just let them cook into heavenly onion wonderfulness. When they are a deep color and soft and sweet, add mustard and vinegar and set aside to cool. When cool mix in a can of quartered artichokes.

In a large bowl, beat eggs, add milk, softened cream cheese, Mayo and Sour Cream. Salt and Pepper to taste.

Spray a deep dish pie plate with pam.

Spread onion mixture in pan.

Pour egg mixture over the onions and artichokes.

Top with shredded Cheddar and sprinkle with paprika for color.

Bake at 375 F for 30 minutes, or until sides are set and middle is not too soft, (it will cook more as it sits), let it sit for 15 minutes before cutting and serving.

1 comment:

  1. It's genuinely very difficult in this active life to listen news on TV, therefore I only use web for that purpose, and obtain the most recent news.

    my web page juicing recipes

    ReplyDelete