Thursday, November 12, 2009

Jumping In

I am trying to savor the moments. Treasure the time. Be aware and awake and involved. My children are growing up so fast and life goes so fast. S. is 6 and N. is 3, almost 4. My house is completely renovated and looks just as I always dreamed it would. My body is on it's way to being the way I have always wanted it to be. (I have lost 50 pounds this year after Lap Band Surgery and a lot of hard work.) My husband P. has a job that makes him happy (something I don't take for granted now a days.) I have wonderful friends, an amazing, close family, and in short, a life I need to value and notice and honor.

I cook and bake a lot, so I expect that this blog will be a way for me to share my recipes with you. I entertain often, so I plan to use this blog as a way to plot out menus and plans. And I spend a lot of time doing my primary job which is mothering. So I suppose I will mother out loud a bit as well.

What's on the menu tonight? Chicken drumsticks, asparagus, and perogies. I am trying to get away from processed food as much as I can (much more on that in the future, I promise) and my children like dark meat chicken. Sometimes. I just can't keep doing the nuggets and turkey hot dog routine to get protein in them. So, they don't like the skin, they don't like the breading if it is thick, but if it doesn't look good... they wont give it a chance. It's a challenge. So for today..

Breaded Chicken Legs

10 drumsticks
1/2 C Bread Crumbs
1/2 C Parmesan Cheese
2 tablespoons chicken seasoning (I use the roasted garlic and herb mix)
1/4 C White Whole Wheat Flour
2 eggs
1/2 C Skim Milk
1/4 C Salt (I will explain this, I promise)

First I soak the chicken legs in cold water mixed with 1/4 cup of salt. This helps to get some of the blood out of the bones, so it doesn't show up on the final product.

Then I cut the skins off all of the drumsticks.

I dry the drumsticks and dip them in the two eggs beaten and mixed with the milk. ( I used a Pyrex and dipped then in one at a time)

Then a drop them 3 at a time into a zip lock loaded up with the remaining ingredients (Flour, bread crumbs, parmesan and seasoning) Shake them around to coat.

Put the drums in a baking dish and bake at 350 for 30 minutes, turn over and bake again for 30 more minutes or until done.

I will update and let you know how it goes...

For now, welcome to my kitchen counter, have a lovley afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment