Friday, February 5, 2010

Polish Mac and Cheese

No, really.

Paul has been away for a few days, then Sophia requested pizza for her birthday from a local shop, and so I havent cooked much. I didnt think to defrost anything but I had some keilbasa in the fridge that I bought with a coupon. I have never even had it. I searched for a recipe, but couldn't find one I loved. So I made this one up. I think you can add anything to it, peas and beans come to mind, but I want my kids to try it so I am going sort of simple this time. I just tasted it, it's good!


2 T Butter
1/2 large sweet onion, chopped
1/2 red pepper, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 ring of kielbasa
1 lb cooked bow tie pasta
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
2 C skim milk
1 1/2 T corn starch

In a skillet, melt butter and saute onion, red pepper, and celery until softened (You could add mushrooms tool if you like that sort of thing, I haven't eaten them since I did a report on Fungus in the eighth grade). Add garlic and kielbasa and saute a few minutes until heated through. Mix milk and corn starch in a bowl and add to the skillet slowly. Stir and cook until it comes to a boil (about 2-3 minutes). Remove from heat and add cheese, stir to melt cheese and combine. Add cooked bowties to the skillet, mix and serve.

Cooking this led me to my next recipe.... easy mac and cheese! I did it! I am excited to share it with you, I just want to tweak it a bit. But it is coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment