Sunday, February 7, 2010

Let them eat chicken! (Menu planning)

Usually during Tax Season I order in too much and just feed the kids easy stuff. But this year, since I am not eating as much myself, I am even less motivated. Resulting in lots of nights of being unprepared and the kids eating random things that aren't even good for them. So, this week I am making a plan.

Right now, at 8am on a Sunday, I am roasting a chicken.

http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/honey_glazed_lemon_roast_chicken/

This is my favorite roast chicken. It always comes out good. We are going to a super bowl party tonight so I will make this....

Buffalo Chicken Dip

From-
http://bunsinmyoven.com/2010/01/25/buffalo-chicken-dip/

1/2 of the chicken, meat shredded with a fork
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup Hot sauce

Mix together all ingredients until well combined. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Serve with crackers, chips, or sliced bread. I think I will make a loaf of french bread (From the can this time) and slice it thin to serve with it. I can also bring some crackers.

It was hard to find one without blue cheese, and I don't have any blue cheese. I suppose I could go to the store.... nah.

On to the menu planning:

Monday night I am going to make the kids, the Mother in law, and I, meatballs. I will make the meatballs on Monday when I get home from the store. These are my "Not a whole day meatballs"

http://cookiesandcarpools.blogspot.com/2009/11/meatballs-and-mayhem.html Though, I think we will eat them with Rice, not pasta. and some steamed broccoli.

Tuesday night I am going to use the chicken to try this recipe....

http://stolenmomentscooking.com/buffalo-chicken-spaghetti/

I will use fettuccine though, since I have some on hand that is calling to me. Now, I doubt the kids will eat this, and interestingly, they don't usually like fettuccine. But I will leave them each a drum stick. and they can eat the leftover rice and broccoli. I wont even cook until we get home at 6:30 from Karate, so Paul and I will probably eat this one after the kids go to bed.

Wednesday night, Paul works late and my mom is here. We will probably go out to eat.

Thursday, London broil, roasted potatoes, asparagus. And probably some turkey hot dogs for Nathan who really cant seem to chew steak of any kind.

Friday...

Ok, honestly, I can't think that far ahead. But maybe some fish? I have been in the mood for Salmon, so maybe a maple glazed salmon. I will add Maple Syrup to my shopping list.

Saturday.... now I am pushing my luck. Maybe we can have spaghetti and meatballs with some home baked bread. I can use the meatballs from Monday. That sounds yummy. Now I am hungry.

Do you plan your weekly menus? I need to do more of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment