Friday, March 26, 2010

Linguini with White Clam Sauce and Love

I am in the mood for decadent. This is not a healthy version, but it is soooo good.

1 pound fresh linguine
2 cans minced clams, with their juice
2 cans chopped clams, drained
1/2 cup good quality salted butter
2 T olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 sweet onion, finely chopped
2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
2 T fresh parsley, chopped
1 t crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 freshly grated Parmigiana Reggiano
1/2 cup dry white wine

In cast iron skillet heat olive oil and saute onion until translucent. Add anchovy and saute another 2 or 3 minutes. Add garlic and saute another minute. Add wine and reduce about 50%. Add the clams and the juice from the two cans, the butter, the grated cheese and the red pepper flakes and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat and simmer about 5 minutes. Add fresh parsley.

Meanwhile, boil the fresh pasta for about 1 minute in salted water. Drain and place in skillet with the sauce. Cook for about 1 more minute together and serve with additional grated cheese and garlic bread.

I am sorry I haven't been more verbose lately, I have been so busy and tired, and when I am not busy and tired and I training for a 5K. I hope your family is enjoying the start of spring, and this recipe is a great one for lent, so dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment