Why shouldn't you just make pancakes from a box? Because you will save money and make your children healthier by making it yourself. And I swear, it will be just as easy.
Do me a favor, just try it. Next week at the store buy a few things:
1) A small bag of flour (Start with all purpose, if I convert you, we can delve into whole grains)
2) Baking powder
3) Salt, if you don't have any that isn't in your shaker
4) Those cute little containers of applesauce, go for the natural, or whatever your kids will eat, since you wont use it all.
5) Agave Nectar (buy a small bottle, it's good for you and I will help you use it. You can find it near the honey, which by the way is a good subsititute here if the words Agave Nectar scare you)
8) Mini chocolate chips if you are so inclined.
That's it, ok? Come back when you have the stuff...
Back? Good. I haven't lost you yet? ;)
Now, take 4 cups of flour, 4 Tablespoons on Baking Powder and a teaspoon of salt. Mix them together well in a big Ziploc bag and put it away.
Now, come back on Saturday Morning, ok?
Ok, now... take 1 egg and whisk it well, an actual whisk makes it quicker work, but a fork is fine. Whisk until it gets bubbles on top.
Pour it in a big bowl and add 1 1/4 cups of the dry mix you have in that bag. Save the rest for next weekend.
Now, add 3/4 cup of milk, 1 tbsp agave nectar and 2 tbsp of that applesauce in the cute little cup.
Walla, pancake batter! Healthy, homemade, from scratch!
Cook them the same way you cook the mix.
Heat up a pan, spray with Pam, spoon the batter on, flip once. I add the chips when they are cooking, but you can add frozen blueberries too for an even healthier version. Think of the anti-oxidants!
Let me know if you try it, I need feedback here people.
Next quest, easy homemade mac and cheese.... I will start working on it and get back to you.
1 day ago