Sunday, January 17, 2010

Home Sweet Home

My favorite candle is burning. Home Sweet Home. And, for tonight at least, how sweet it is.

My favorite time of a night like this is when Paul closes the living room blinds. It's like the world melts away and all that is left is us, and this wonderful home, and our whiny yet wonderful children, and crazy but cool family.

Football is on, Nanny is here, the kids are playing, the playroom is a mess but the living room is clean, and Ina Garten's Shrimp Scampi is bubbling in my new cast iron skillet.

Yum.

2 comments:

  1. OMG I love shrimp scampi. Post your recipe! Sounds like a beautiful night.... Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am now a follower of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shrimp Scampi is one of my favorites when I go out, but it's hard to get it here like I used to get it in New England. It's not the same and I'm the only one in the house that will try fish.
    Home is where the heart is.

    ReplyDelete