Saturday, January 16, 2010

Quick Homemade Snackitizer to bring to a party

Ok, I am so going to help you out here. This is a great tip to keep in your back pocket, or rather the back of your fridge.

Next time you are at the store, buy the following:

1 can of pizza crust (you know, by the crescent rolls)

That's all you need, seriously.

Next time you are invited to a party, or a friends house, or a playdate, and realize at the last minute that you don't have anything to bring... Don't be the one who brings the open bag of cheese doodles. Just don't. Pop open that can, and whip this out. Seriously, people will think you slaved away.

Homemade Pretzels with a Honey Mustard dipping sauce
(Adapted from a Pampered Chef Recipe)

Ingredients
1 can of pizza crust
Pam
Salt (I like sea salt of some other course salt, but any salt will do)
3/4 cup Mayonnaise (light is fine)
3 T Honey
3 T Dijon Mustard

Directions

1)Preheat oven to 425F

2) Open the pizza dough onto a cutting board. Roll or press a little thinner. The thinner you make it, the crispier they will be. I use my mini rolling pin for this, but the side of your Pam can will do in a pinch.

3) Using a Pizza Cutter or a sharp knife, slice it into 18 or so 3/4 inch strips.

4) Onto a pizza stone, or a Parchment Paper lined cookie sheet twist the strips into pretzel like shapes (Or little O's is cute and easy). Now you could even just spray a cookie sheet with Pam if you don't have the other things, let's not get scared away here, ok?

5) Spray the shapes with Pam, sprinkle with salt and bake for about 15 minutes. When they are golden brown, they are done. Now if your oven is like mine, you may see one side getting done faster than the other, so rotate the cookie sheet halfway through.

For the (optional) dipping sauce:

1) Mix the mustard, mayo and honey.

Oh, that's it, only one step.

Done.

People will rave and say "Who made the pretzels?" You can be like me and say, "It was easy." Or you can just smile and say, "I did." and let people think you are a domestic goddess.

I brought this to my bookclub last night, a wonderful bunch of women. I have a theory about Cats, that they need to be "purred" at least once a day. You know, you scratch their belly until they Purr. The bookclub is the women's equivalent. More than once each time, someone will say, "My cheeks hurt." You know that feeling? Laughing till your cheeks hurt? Amazing. These women have known each other for a long time (most of them) and they have welcomed me into their fold. I told them about my blog and I am sending them the link, so if you are reading this, "Hi" and thanks for the laughter. See you in March!

No comments:

Post a Comment